Are you looking for a way to spruce up your interior without having to devote a lot of space, time, or money to your decorating plans?
Do you want to add some greenery to your home or office but don’t have much spare room to work with?
Have you always wanted to grow plants but know you’re not very good at keeping them alive?
And if you’re looking for more information about how to get started with them, you’re in the right place!
In a HURRY?
Here are Our Favorite Picks:
Whatever your reason might be, if you’re looking for a low-maintenance, low-cost, and attractive way to decorate with plants indoors, miniature cactus plants are perfect for you.
In this article, we’ll introduce you to nine of the highest-quality, cutest, and best options cactus plants for sale online. We’ll show you a few different options so you can figure out which one is best for you—whether you want to start with seeds, cuttings, or fully established plants.
If you’re an experienced cactus or succulent gardener, we’ve got a variety of unique and fun seeds for you to check out. However, if you want to decorate without all the extra trouble of growing plants from the ground up, we’ve got you covered there, too.
There are a lot of fun things you can do with a mini cactus, and if you’re willing to put a little more money into your decorating plans, you may choose to pot your cactus plants in cute and unique containers or even hang them from the ceiling for a great look that’s all your own.
Whatever you choose to do, read on to find the perfect plant to help you get started!
1. Cactus Bonsai Variety Flowering Color Seeds
If you’re looking for a great way to grow your own cactus plants from seeds, look no further than this Cactus Bonsai Variety Flowering Color Seeds pack. This pack comes with 30 seeds to help you get started growing the mini cactus plants of your dreams in no time. There are many different types of cactus plants represented in this set, so no matter what you’re looking for, you should be able to grow it perfectly with just a little effort and attention from you.
- By starting with these seeds, you can grow many different types of unique and quirky cactus plants.
- This is an affordable option that will give you lots of seeds for a great price.
- Once they take root, these cactus plants are durable and can be grown indoors with little to no trouble.
- Getting these plants started from seeds may be more effort than some home gardeners would like to put in.
- You will need to purchase everything else you need to grow these plants, including growing medium and pots.
- Because this is a seed variety pack, it’s impossible to tell what type of cactus you’ll be getting until you start growing them.
2. Flowering Cactus Mini Grow Plant
When you want to grow your own cactus but don’t want to go to the trouble to collect everything you need separately, take a look at this Flower ring Cactus Mini Grow Plant instead. This plant growing kit comes with a small clay pot, a handful of seeds, and enough growing medium to get your cactus plant established as soon as you put it all together. This is one of the most convenient small cactus plants for sale online, and it makes a great gift as well!
- This little kit comes with everything you need to get started, and you won’t have to spend any more money on your cactus for some time.
- This cactus will eventually flower over time, which makes it very attractive for indoor gardening.
- This kit is packaged in an attractive container that makes it an excellent gift-giving option for any holiday or special occasion.
- This kit is quite a lot more expensive than most of the other options listed here and may be over budget for some home gardeners.
- You’ll only receive enough seeds for one mini cactus in this set.
- You may need to upgrade the included pot fairly quickly once your cactus begins growing, as it will outgrow this space eventually.
3. 10 Seed/Pack Mini Cactus Seeds
When shopping for mini cactus plants for sale online, you may find that it’s easier to come across seeds than it is to locate established or fully grown plants. As long as you’re willing to put forth a little extra effort, you can save a lot of money this way in the long run. With this set, you’ll have plenty of high-quality seeds to help you grow beautiful astrophytum cactus plants in your own home. Add a little color, texture, and whimsy to any room with your own home-grown mini cactus.
- These seeds will grow a unique type of cactus that stands out among others you may have growing in your indoor garden.
- This pack includes ten seeds to help you get started growing your astrophytum plant.
- This is a very hardy and durable type of cactus that can handle a lot of beginner mistakes.
- Since this is a rare type of cactus than some others listed here, the seeds may be too expensive for some budgets.
- As with any plant, growing from seeds can be more difficult and complicated than growing from an established plant or cutting.
- You will not receive any extras with this pack of seeds and will need to buy potting material and containers separately.
4. Instant Cactus/Succulent Collection
Are you looking for a quick and easy way to bring some cute baby cactus plants into your home right away? With this Instant Cactus/Succulent Collection, you can do just that! This set comes with eight different types of cactus plants, each of which is planted carefully in a 2-inch pot and plenty of growing medium to keep them happy for months to come. For a reasonable price, you’ll have plenty of cactus plants to set out around your home and liven up any of your interior spaces. Best of all, these are hardy cactus plants that don’t need a lot of complicated help from you to thrive. They’re the perfect solution to indoor low-maintenance gardening!
- When ordering this product, you’ll receive a good variety of cactus plants to get started with.
- The plants you receive are very healthy and sturdy, and they are hand chosen so you won’t receive any dead ones.
- Shipping is very quick and timely, which is ideal when mailing live plants.
- In some rare cases, one or two plants have been known to arrive damaged during transit.
- The plastic pots included are flimsy and will eventually need to be upgraded, although you can take your time with this.
- The individual types of cactus plants aren’t labeled to help you determine which varieties you’re growing.
5. DIY Garden Mini Succulent Cactus Plants
Are you trying to buy cactus plants online that are already potted in something a little more attractive than a simple plastic black pot? If so, these DIY Garden Mini Succulent Cactus Plants may be just what you’re looking for to set up the perfect indoor garden. These little plants are potted in cute ceramic pots that are designed to look like natural rocks. They come with their own individual growing medium as well as already established cactus plants, so you don’t have to worry about growing them from seeds. The pots are small enough to fit on a desk or windowsill, but decorative enough to make a statement no matter where you place them.
- Each individual pot is drilled for proper drainage to keep your cactus plants safe and healthy.
- The pots feature their own draining trays so you don’t have to worry about water spilling everywhere when you care for your cactus plants.
- You’ll receive a variety of cactus types when you order this product.
- The growing medium will eventually need to be replaced since it isn’t ideal for cactus growth.
- These types of succulents may get too large for mini pots over time.
- The included pots may arrive broken or damaged due to shipping in some rare instances.
6. Cactus Rebutia Variety Seeds
If you’d like to try your hand at growing a unique and colorful type of cactus plant from the seed up, check out these Cactus Rebutia Variety Seeds. They’re a great option for anyone looking to get a little more hands-on with the cactus growing experience. When they’re fully grown, these cactus plants sprout big, beautiful flowers on top, which can help add a lot of excitement to any space. They’re just as hardy as most other varieties of cactus and succulents, too, so you don’t have to worry about them being too difficult to raise even when you start with just the seeds.
- You will receive ten seeds in this set, which is plenty to help you get started.
- These cactus plants grow very well in a variety of different climates and circumstances.
- You can save a lot of money by purchasing seeds instead of a grown cactus plant.
- If you are inexperienced with growing cactus plants, this may be very difficult for a beginner.
- These cactus plants may eventually grow too large for indoor gardening.
- These can be an expensive set of cactus seeds because this type is rarer than others.
7. Mini Cholla/Cylindropuntia
This Mini Cholla/Cylindropuntia is a cute and hardy little cactus plant that’s sure to liven up your indoor garden space in no time. This is a partially established plant, so you don’t have to worry about trying to grow it from seeds, but you can still have a little bit of fun raising it until it’s big enough to grow a colorful flower on top. This is a popular strain of cactus plant that can add a fun splash of color to your favorite room. With this cactus, you’ll get a small pot and potting medium to help you get started.
- This is a hardy type of cactus that can usually handle quite a lot.
- This cactus is carefully potted so that it will thrive for a long time without needing a larger pot.
- This isn’t as prickly as some types of cactus, which makes it safer for use around children.
- This product has been known to arrive with some damage due to shipping.
- The included soil may spill out during the shipping process and require repotting.
- This cactus is only partially established and may be difficult to grow if you don’t have prior succulent experience.
8. 15 Assorted Succulent and Cactus Cuttings
If you’re searching for a slightly different option in terms of your online cactus shopping, check out this set of 15 Assorted Succulent and Cactus Cuttings. You’ll get a variety of different cuttings to help you propagate cactus plants of your own. You can have a little fun with indoor gardening when you purchase this package of cuttings, but you also don’t have to be as mindful of your cactus as you would if you started it from seeds. Best of all, with many different types of succulent and cactus plants represented in this set of cuttings, you’ll have lots of vibrant colors to use in decorating your home.
- This is a very cost-efficient way to buy cuttings that can save you a lot of money on purchasing full cactus plants.
- This set of cuttings comes with directions on how to grow them successfully.
- The packaging is careful and durable enough to keep the cuttings from becoming damaged in transit.
- The individual types of succulent aren’t labeled, so you may have trouble figuring out what you’re growing.
- In some instances, a few of the cuttings have arrived dry, but this is rare.
- If you don’t have experience growing succulent these may be more difficult than purchasing an established plant.
9. Succulent Cactus 20 Pack
When you need a lot of cactus plants for sale online to really make your indoor garden come to life, check out this Succulent Cactus 20 Pack. This is a box set of several different types of cactus plants that are all established in their own separate small plastic pots and in their own growing medium, too. Although some of these cactus plants may be doubles in terms of variety, each one is hand selected so you’ll be sure to receive a beautiful and healthy specimen. Set them out around your home and enjoy the beauty of cactus plants no matter where you are.
- Each individual small pot has plenty of holes for draining to keep your plant healthy.
- These are sturdy cactus plants that grow as well on a patio as they do in a windowsill or on a desk.
- You will receive a good variety of plants when you order this product.
- Depending on the time of year, it may be difficult to find this set of cactus plants, since they may be out of season.
- The potting mixture in these plants has been known to spill out during shipping, so you may need to do a little maintenance when your plants arrive.
- The individual plants aren’t labeled, so you may have trouble figuring out which types of cactus you receive.
Other Indoor Small Plants
Growing mini cactus plants indoors can be a fun and rewarding experience. But what do you do when you want to keep an indoor garden that offers a little more variety than just a bunch of cactus and succulent plants? You can do a lot with a little when it comes to mini plants, and in this section, we’ll recommend a few of our favorites that look great when you use them in home décor alongside your favorite mini cactus.
1. Asparagus fern
This is a cute little cousin of the water lily that tends to crop up unwanted in outdoor gardens now and then. While it grows fairly quickly, you can keep it pruned back and it will fit nicely into just about any small container. It likes indoor climates just as well as outdoors, so as long as you provide it with enough light, it can add a fun and unique texture to your indoor décor that’s quite different from that of your mini cactus garden.
2. Pilea peperomioides
This is a very cute plant that technically does fall into the succulent category, although it looks much different from other types of succulents you may think of. When it’s grown, it looks like a spray of stems with big, wide, round leaves at the end of each one. It can get fairly large, but once again, careful pruning and cutting will help keep it small enough for a mini indoor garden.
Also known as air plants, tillandsia is getting very popular among home gardeners. The name tillandsia refers to the genus of this plant, and it contains quite a few individual types. One of these is Spanish moss, which may be very common outdoors if you live in a warmer climate. Tillandsia doesn’t require any soil to grow, but it should still be watered or sprayed with water regularly.
4. Honorable mention: herbs
If you want to grow something indoors to go along with your cactus plants and you’re willing to put forth a little more effort to cultivate your houseplants, why not try an herb garden? This can be a great way to add a lot of variety to your indoor plant life, and it can also provide you with lots of fresh herbs to cook with whenever you like. As an added bonus, some indoor herb gardeners have even been able to sell their extra herbs locally and make back a little money spent on gardening.
There are a lot of great cactus plant options out there just waiting for you to discover them! Growing mini cactus plants isn’t too difficult, but if you choose to start from seeds or cuttings, you will need to spend a little more time working on your plants than you would if you choose to use established plants instead. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when you’re starting up a mini cactus garden:
- Cactus plants do need some water. It’s a myth that they can grow with no water at all, but it is true that cactus plants don’t usually need nearly as much water as other types of plants. The amount of water your cactus needs largely depends on its type, its growing medium, its container and the climate of your home. In most situations, watering once every couple of weeks should be enough, but do your research to be sure that’s true of your type of cactus.
- Some cactus plants are more sensitive than others. Most of the mini varieties you’ll find for sale are hardy and can handle a lot of beginner mistakes. However, there are some types out there that may not be as durable. It’s best to stay away from the less sturdy types of cactus plants if you’re a beginner.
- Try not to place your plant in a drafty area. Sometimes, too much of a draft can dry out or chill your cactus plant too much, and this may cause it to die too quickly. Try not to position your plant underneath a heating or air vent for the same reason. It’s best if you can keep your mini cactus in a place where the temperature doesn’t fluctuate a lot.
- You’ll need to repot eventually. All mini cactus plants will eventually outgrow their containers if they’re thriving, so be prepared to put them in something larger a few years down the line!
When you keep these tips in mind, you’re sure to have a great time with your cactus gardening plans no matter which product or products you pick. Good luck, and happy growing!